Additional Information and Materials
- Report Highlights: At A Glance (PDF | 233 KB): A brief summary of main statistics and messages
- General Findings and Recommendations Fact Sheet (PDF | 195 KB): An overview of the central findings and significant recommendations
- Important Facts about Alcohol and Drugs (PDF | 374 KB): Facts about alcohol and specific drugs, including descriptions, uses and possible health effects, treatment options, and statistics as of 2015
- Resource Guide (PDF | 177 KB): U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Resources and publications specific to those seeking information on preventing and treating substance misuse or substance use disorders
- Preferred Terms and Definitions (PDF | 128 KB): A list of preferred terms and definitions to use in collateral materials and other documents promoting the Report
- Finding and Recommendation Fact Sheets for Different Audiences: Specific findings and recommendations are described for:
Everyone Has a Role to Play: Toolkit for Promoting the Surgeon General’s Report
This Toolkit is designed to help you, organizations, and agencies spread the word about the Report and these supplementary resources. The Toolkit begins with a brief overview of the Report and the supplementary resources described above. It contains suggestions on how to employ multiple communications channels, like websites, blogs, personal and professional networks, and social media, to engage the public.
- Download the Toolkit for Promoting the Surgeon General's Report (PDF | 1.8 MB)
The Toolkit also provides promotional materials and tools that you can customize for these channels, including:
- Twitter Posts for consumers, providers and advocates and Twitter Images (ZIP | 758 KB)
- Facebook Posts and Facebook images (ZIP | 2.4 MB)
- Web Banners and Badges (ZIP | 1.5 MB) in multiple sizes
HHS Agency Resources
Resources from U.S Department of Health and Human Services agencies provide additional information on alcohol and drug misuse and substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery for a range of audiences and populations.